Sunday, October 9, 2011

Unexpected Friendship

Submitted by Michelle
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one.' C.S. Lewis

I'm a student again. I've enrolled in an 18 month program at Cal State San Bernardino in order to earn a Master's Degree in Educational Administration. It's been quite a long time since I've been in a classroom inhabited by my peers rather than 4, 5 and 6 year olds and I was rather nervous on my first day. I was late because I got lost and I tried to sneak into class as unobtrusively as possible. I didn't plan on knowing anyone in the class and I certainly didn't think I'd find anything close to a kindred spirit. Boy, was I wrong.

Not only do I know several people from various teacher trainings I have attended over the years, I also met a new front row friend called Teri. She is a recent transplant to the desert from Seattle and she shares my love of crafting! From the moment we met we hit it off. If you were to listen in on our conversations you'd think we have been friends for years, the way we chatter on and on.

2 weeks ago I brought a variety of samples of my paper crafting to show to Teri. Last week, it was her turn to share. She brought me this beautiful present.
Notice the wired ribbon from Hobby Lobby in the gorgeous colors of fall. Love it!

Teri makes handstamped coasters using stamps, ink, tiles and fixative spray.
Like me, she also loves to make tags.
It has been such a treat getting to know her and in such an unexpected surrounding. Now, not only do I have a study buddy, I also have a crafting pal. This Master's program is paying off already!

No comments: