Thursday, October 13, 2011

Linda's Classic Card Version 5.0 (featuring Matt and Kyan)

Submitted by Linda
Since Michelle has named a card after me (see this post), I have another one to share. This time I made a set of 'thank yous' for a wedding shower gift for my niece-to-be Kyan. She will be marrying our beloved nephew, Matt, in a month!
(Photo by Bethany Cissel)
I have previously blogged about other nephews and nieces, and I always say they are beloved. I truly could not ask for a better example of "how to grow up Wallace" than from my boys' Wallace cousins. Matt especially has inherited the helper-gene, so he is constantly coming to someone's rescue, just like his Grandpa Tom did, and just like my DH (dear husband) Craig often does. Who wouldn't want their boys to turn out like that?

He has met his match in Kyan, and we already love her as if she's been part of the family for years and years.

This time, the cards needed to be neutral, since their wedding will have lots of kraft paper, twine, brown bags and cowboy boots. The embossed background paper was something I had in my stash of supplies, and I love the white on kraft. The stamp set is Tagtastic from the new SU catalog.
I'm so looking forward to their wedding, as I think it will be a wonderful family-centered time, and will so reflect their personalities. Despite my appreciation for tradition, I heartily approve of the groom wearing blue jeans, and the bride wearing her cowboy boots!

2 comments:

kate wallace said...

Those are SUCH cute cards! I am so excited for Kyan to become a Wallace!

Linda Shackleton Wallace said...

My "Wallace Cousin" kids will be there, but Mark's surgery is 3 days before. He'll be home from the hospital the day before the wedding. I'll be taking care of him and we'll both be praying for the whole wonderful wedding day.