Wednesday, October 5, 2011

"Just Say No!" to new hobbies......

Submitted by Linda
It's like an alcoholic going to a bar....or a person on a diet going into Baskin Robbins. I've already admitted that I'm a ribbon junkie, and you all know about my stamps. This past summer I started a 'new old hobby', so I must SAY NO to any new hobbies! Except when I go here.....
"Not your grandmother's quilt store", a.k.a Strawberry Patches in Bakersfield. Already that sounds appealing, though I've never had a problem with either of my grandmothers' quilts. I'm a sucker for the cute window display, showing gorgeous little girl dresses with quilts and paper lanterns.
And look at the walls of colored fabrics. My friend Liz found exactly what she was looking for on this wall.
Another clever idea with the lanterns and girly clothes.
What could be cuter than baby clothes and custom burp rags on a clothesline?

And a fabric banner made with rick rack!
Giant rick rack and ball fringe! Oh, how I love ribbon and trim!
And finally, look at these pincushions that are created to look like cakes and tarts!
Somebody help me! I was ready to buy out the store.I'm happy to report that I did escape with just a package of dishtowels to embroider, and a couple of yards of trim. However, I can't wait to go again, and this time, maybe I'll actually buy some fabric!

3 comments:

Kathi's News & The Fishwrap said...

I love your blog Linda! I also love these kinds of stores. Kathi

Liz said...

Just say "Yes!" Linda - this is a wonderful hobby!

Goosegirl said...

Oh dear. Hold me back!!! I wanna goooooo!!!