Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Happy Fall Y'all!

Submitted by Linda
Since we don't experience a 'true' fall here in So-Cal, I thought I'd share a peek into our makeshift Autumn.

I've got a cute flag, hanging out on a 100 degree, sunny day in October!
We locals go to the Happiest Place on Earth to see Mickey and Minnie dressed in their Autumn attire.
No pretty leaves, no frost on the ground, no crisp, chilly mornings. But I do have this sweet little leaf and acorn dish that I bought in Clovis. I forgot to post it on my "reviewing my purchases" blog, because it was so happily nestled atop Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice.
And just yesterday, Craig's co-worker Valerie, (who is a faithful Front Row Friends follower), brought us this gorgeous pumpkin from the Central Valley where her folks live. Apparently, her mom had tossed a pumpkin into the compost pile months ago, and it sprouted a pumpkin patch that yielded this and many more beauties. I love the color and it's Cinderella shape.
Maybe I'll save the seeds from this one and try my own hand at growing a pumpkin patch!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE the green pumpkin!!

Valerie said...

I'm so glad you like it, Linda! Over the next month, it will probably change color to a burnt orange. You should totally plant it and see what happens :)

kate wallace said...

This is so cute Aunt Linda!! I love the little truck and pumpkins!!