Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Clovis....



Submitted by Linda

Well, we did have a fun drive together, my pal Liz and me, but most of the funny stuff actually occurred in the town of Clovis, during our Antique Street Fair adventure.
Funny Thing #1:
Funny Thing #2: The public men's restroom line was longer than the women's line. Has anyone ever seen this phenomenon before? I was quite impolite as I laughed out loud at the men waiting. Ooopsies!

Funny Thing #3: After being scrutinized by 'Old Man Vendor', he asked me if I was my friend Liz's mother! I will point out that we are close in age...and I was paranoid for the rest of the day that I could look like I had mothered someone in their 40's. Holy Moly!

Funny Thing #4, #5, #6, and so on: How many times Liz or I said, "We had that at our house when I was a kid". Case in point....Cabbage Patch Kid pictured below.....
...and the toasters. Have you ever seen so many old toasters in one location?
I actually texted a picture of the toaster to the left of the old iron (pictured below). Our family used that type of toaster in our travel trailer over a gas burner when we were camping!
And how about the 'princess' phone on the top right of this picture? And the hair dryer on the ground below the table? Oy Vey! Maybe I am getting old!!!
In addition to all of our laughing, we had the most wonderful time shopping. In fact, I really didn't take as many pictures as I could have, because I was so excited to see the vendors and their wares.
We saw lots of neat things, and the prices seemed good. When I was in doubt, I asked "Antique Guru" Liz to let me know if the item I was looking at was a deal or not.
We finished our time with 'street food'. Liz had a bar-b-que beef sandwich, and I had an amazing, hand-dipped corn dog! That dog was only $3, and it rivaled the similar corn dog for sale on Main Street at Disneyland for a lot more than $3!
Are you curious about what I bought? Stay tuned......

2 comments:

Liz said...

I am having so much fun with seeing our travels :> You took GREAT photos!
What a wonderful weekend!

kate wallace said...

Sounds like fun!