Monday, August 22, 2011

Fun Freebie

Submitted by Michelle

My friend Val-Pal recently joined me and became a Stampin' Up demonstrator. She took advantage of a special Stampin' Up was offering and was able to join for just $99.00 rather than the usual $175.00. Along with the special pricing, she also got a kit to make a Christmas Keepsake Box and I got one too because I recruited her! This is my box in it's completed form.
It was so much fun to work on a project that was all prepped for me. Usually I am doing the designing and cutting and preparing, but with the kit everything was ready to go and all I had to do was stamp and assemble. I will admit that the fabric flower at the top left of the box presented some challenges and I burnt the crapola out of my thumb using my glue gun, but the end product was worth it.
The polka dot designer paper is a new favorite of mine and the pearl detail gives the box a polished finish.

I have big plans for this box. Though it would be nice for me to keep it, I'd much rather follow Linda's motto of spreading joy and sunshine and give it away. I'm going to fill it with handmade cards and come Christmas time, I'll mail it to my favorite aunt in New York as a present. (Shhh, don't tell her. I want it to be a surprise.)

Now not only do I have one Christmas present to cross of the "To Buy/Make" list, I also have a fun friend as part of my Stampin' Up team.

No comments: