Thursday, July 7, 2011

Out with the Old #1

Submitted by Linda
I was chatting with a friend yesterday who said, "Now that it's summer, you and Michelle should post things more often!" Since I have been stamping quite a bit lately, I decided to post some pictures.

When Michelle started her 30 day crafting challenge, I liked the concept of making only 2 cards of one design. Those of you who know us, or craft with us, know that we never do things in small measures. If we're going to make one of something, we may as well make 10 or 20 or 50! So as I was working on these projects, it was refreshing to make only 2, and then move on to another project.

Another fun thing Michelle and I did was look through the Stampin' UP catalog together, and flag the pages of cards which we had all the supplies for. In the spirit of using up the old supplies before the new catalog came out, I created this card from an old sample, using up my Kiwi Kiss paper, Razzleberry Tart DSP, and felt flowers. The pink flower is from Baroque Motifs, and the words are from Fabulous Phrases, both of which are in the new catalog, and still available.
In this picture, and in many more to come, you will see this pretty bouquet of sweet peas in the background. Last year I planted a perennial variety, and they came back up this year (as perennials are supposed to do), and they are still blooming!

No comments: