Friday, July 22, 2011

It's a Loop Thing!

Submitted by Linda
Stampin' Up is notorious for putting some of their cutest items in the "hostess only" catagory, which means they aren't for sale, unless you host a party with a certain dollar amount. Though I am part of of club with Michelle, and usually have a party for my other SU bestie, Rachel, somehow I never earned the set called "It's a Loop Thing". The set included coordinating paper, rub-ons and stamps.

Michelle had it on hand, in her stash of supplies, so I 'borrowed' the whole kit and kaboodle several months ago, to make some goodies with it. I finally got to work, and here are the results! I also pulled out my old flower die cuts......
...and my old felt flowers.....
...and I happily used my spiral punch for the first time. The kite is printed on the faux notebook paper, but it didn't pop out enough, until I made another kite and raised it with dimensionals.
I think this next card is the winner. The little airplane is a rub-on, with shiny crystal effects added, and dimensionals to make it pop up. I knew I needed clouds, and I was stumped, until I saw this card at Heather Klump's Downstairs Designs blog. The paper is textured with the big shot embossing folder, then cut free hand into clouds.
On this card I used a big shot die to cut out the entire card, giving it the scalloped edge. Again, I popped out the kite.
And finally a little glitter on a cupcake makes a nice birthday card.
I made two of each design, and mailed Michelle's half to her, wrapped in a cello bag, of course! (Because nothing says love like a cello bag coming through the snail mail, right?)

2 comments:

Linda and Michelle said...

These cards are totes fab and are way better in person than in photos! Love, love, love them! And so glad I got my own set.

Linda and Michelle said...

P.S. I wrote the comment above.

Michelle