Monday, July 25, 2011

Banana Crumb Muffins

Submitted by Linda
I read somewhere that people who are really "into" facebook are egomaniacs waiting to post their next thrilling "all about me" status update. I hope that's not true about me, because I really enjoy looking at facebook, usually once in the morning, and again in the evening. I have enjoyed making connections with folks from the past, and knowing what my friends and acquaintances are up to.

One neat person I have reconnected with via facebook is Sivje, pronounced See-vee. We attended the same church growing up in Oregon, and sang in our youth choir together. She was a few years behind me in high school, so we didn't hang out very much, though she was a great singer. What I didn't know is that she is an amazing seamstress! She has a beautiful blog, and she makes custom girl's dresses and pretty aprons. Check her out here!

Recently on facebook, she posted this recipe for banana muffins with a "cinnamon and brown sugar streusel" topping. I had 4 brownish bananas on the counter, just begging to be used, so I gave it a whirl. They came together easily and were really yummy!
Here's the recipe:
Banana Crumb Muffins
from Lisa Kreft via allrecipes.com

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3 bananas, mashed
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 Tbsp. butter

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
2. In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
3. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 18 - 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.

1 comment:

Goosegirl said...

Awww Linda. You made me cry. Thank you! You are such a sweetheart and so talented. I pray the Lord blesses you with a beautiful and creative day.