Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Another Shower: For the future Mr. and Mrs. Amaya

Submitted by Linda
So this morning I was walking with one of my walking buddies, and we started wondering when it was that we stopped going to weddings for our friends, and started going to weddings of our friends' children. Life keeps on moving on....do you hear strains of Fiddler on the Roof?
Is this the little girl I carried?
Is this the little boy at play?
I don't remember growing older...when did they?

Well, enough bemoaning my age! But the fun in all of this is that I was privileged to host another shower for another beloved niece this past weekend. It was a 'family' shower, so most of our loved ones were here. The only other time during the year that we all gather is Christmas, so it was a special day. Here I am with niece Amy, and her fiance Hector.
In the spirit of reminiscing, here is a photo of (left to right) Tommy, Courtney, Nicky, and Amy. Back in the days, the girls would stay over night and be 'nannies' to the boys. My boys loved having them around, and I loved having helpers!
So on Saturday we set up the same shot with our now-grown kiddos! Left to right is Tommy, Courtney, Nick and Amy! So cute, these kids!
Even though this was a family shower, we had to put a cute decorative crafty spin on it. I made a banner that reads "Mr. and Mrs. Amaya" in the wedding colors.
Kari and Tiffany made cute tissue paper balls!

I'm going to end with a shot of all the girl cousins. I think they share a family resemblance in their big smiles! Left to right Courtney, Kate, Soon-to-be-bride-Amy, Kari, Tiffany.


5 comments:

Linda and Michelle said...

I always enjoying seeing the childhood pictures of Nicky, Tommy and the cousins!

-Michelle

kate wallace said...

I love the remake of the pool picture! So cute! It was a fun shower Aunt Linda :)

- Kate

Courtney said...

Tommy sure doesn't look as excited to be holding my hand in the remake picture...
It was a fun shower! Thanks for hosting Aunt Linda!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for hosting the wedding shower, Aunt Linda! It's great to be part of the Wallace family!

Unknown said...

That last post was from me, Amy :)