Sunday, June 5, 2011

Thank You Jars

Submitted by Linda

First of all, kudos to Michelle and her 30 day crafting challenge. I can't keep up, but have done a bit of crafting out of necessity lately.

I'm certain that primary school teachers are genetically programmed to save stuff. You know what I'm talking about: egg cartons, strawberry baskets, toilet paper tubes, and other random things. I was taught at a young age that "one man's wine is another man's vinegar". One item I love to collect (which others would certainly say is 'vinegar') is jars. I especially like the small ones that have no writing on the lid (formerly used for mustard or jam).

I needed some type of inexpensive 'thank you' for 4 lovely 5th and 6th grade students who come twice each week, during their lunch, to help in my kindergarten. These girls run centers and do a wonderful job. I can't wait to write letters of recommendation for them to get into teacher school some day. So here's what I came up with:
For the monogrammed jar toppers I used Stampin' UP's Ice Cream Parlor DSP and die cuts (no longer available, and I'm sad that I'm using it up!) and added ribbons and a tag.
I filled them with skittles and I was done! For another inexpensive gift idea, take a look at this old post featuring soup cans!

1 comment:

Sandy Ang said...

These are so cute and it'll be great to recycle glass jars for gifts