Sunday, June 12, 2011

Keeping Up With Creativity

Submitted by Michelle

These last few weeks have a been a whirlwind with the closing out of the school year. I think I've written in the past about how hectic September and June can be for teachers. I'm not sure which is more work, getting everything started in September or putting it all away in June, but I do know I cherish the start of summer when all I have in front of me are endless days of freedom from schedules, bells and responsibilities.

During my close out phase of the last few weeks I had lots of creative juices flowing but many of them weren't always in the form of cards. I made a slide show of my students using pictures from the entire school year. I set it to fun, up tempo music and then burned a copy for each child to keep. It was a labor of love and I'm so glad I did it. I had a fantastic group of kids this year and I know their parents really appreciated the gift.

Along with the DVD project I designed a graduation announcement for the son of a colleague.

This is the front view...
and the inside.
I also squeezed in 2 cards from the Stampin' Up idea Book and Catalog. These cute love birds are on page 140.
This card is my favorite so far. It is on page 138 of the IBC and was a cinch to make. The butterflies are easily debossed and cut out using a Embosslit die for the Big Shot machine.

Now that I am on vacation for the next 53 days I should have plenty of time to make cards. And since, Stampin' Up comes out with a new IBC on July 1 I've got to finish making all the the cards I have flagged in the current IBC so I'll be ready to move on!

All Supplies from Stampin' Up!
Graduation Announcement
Stamps
: On The Spot, Best Friends Alphabet (both are retired)
Paper: Marina Mist, Whisper White, Brushed Gold
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: Gold Embossing Powder, Clear Embossing Powder, Colluzzle, Extra Large Oval punch

Friend to Friend
Stamps
: Love You Much, Dots Wheel
Paper: Whisper White, Pear Pizzaz, Tangerine Tango
Ink: Versamark, Basic Black (marker) Daffodil Delight (marker), Real Red (marker)
Accessories: Tangerine Tango Taffeta Ribbon, Eyelet Border Punch

Butterflies

Stamps
: Elements of Style
Paper: Crumb Cake, Not Quite Navy, So Saffron, Parisian Breeze DSP (retired)
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Basic Pearls, Designer Button, White Bakers Twine

No comments: