Monday, June 27, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

Submitted by Linda (with a photo credit to Michelle)
I'm a big fan of making cards well ahead of time, so that I can enjoy the creative process and not feel pressured by time. Lately, however, I waited until the last minute to create this beauty for a very dear couple who were celebrating their 50th anniversary.
Michelle had given me the new Swirls and Curls Verses set, and I knew that I wanted to use the congratulations from that set as my starting point. I also knew that I wanted some type of butterfly for the background, to tie in the tiny butterfly above the word.

A few months back, I created a notebook of photocopies of all my different stamp sets, and I organized the copies by themes, holidays, words only, etc. Because many of the Stampin' Up sets are assorted, I knew this would help me when I needed to find certain designs, or when I'm looking for words to fit into a specific space on a card. I can't tell you how many times I've referred to that notebook lately. If you are a stamper, I highly recommend making yourself a similar resource.

Anyway, I found my butterfly, added the 50 with the good old Whimsical Numbers, and the Mr. and Mrs. from Tiny Tags. To top if off, I added the tiny yellow flower embellishment.

Well, today is actually Michelle and David's 13th anniversary, and she wanted to create a card to give to Dave. Using the same format, she created a card that is romantic, yet a bit more masculine. So this is her take on it! Beautiful, right?
Here's to David and Michelle going 37 more years together to reach their 50th! Happy Anniversary!

No comments: