Sunday, May 22, 2011

Do Something Creative Everyday

Submitted by Michelle
This is my favorite coffee mug. I drink from it most every day at 4:00 AM when I'm up before dawn, cruising the internet. I love the quiet of the morning and knowing I have several hours until I have to do anything.
I bought the mug a few years back at Paper Source because I loved the inspirational message and because I do fancy myself creative, even though I'm more of a copier than creator. However, despite the cheerful inscription, I don't stamp everyday or even every week. I find I get waylaid by things that are not necessarily more important but higher up on the "to do" list.

This weekend I was at Linda's house in Claremont and we were looking through the Stampin' Up catalog together. It is amazing how every time we look in it we find something we didn't see before. There are so many great ideas in the book and yet we usually try to come up with our own projects. We eagerly grabbed a stack of post-it notes and started flagging pages which had cards or boxes or crafts on them that we wanted to make. I then thought of my mug and decided to challenge myself to do something creative for 30 days in a row. I think it will be good for me to take a time out, especially as school is winding up and I have a jillion things on my plate, and do something that I enjoy. And it will also be a good exercise in moderation. Linda and I tend to follow the "go big or go home" motto and if 1 card is good, 10 is better! With this challenge, I don't need to mass produce anything. I'll just make 2. One for me and one for Linda. Because the best things in life are those you share with a front row friend.
Card #1
From page 18 in the Stampin' Up! Idea Book & Catalog

Stamps: So Many Thanks
Paper: Garden Green Textured, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red, Garden Green Markers
Accessories: Square Scallop Punch

1 comment:

Linda and Michelle said...

I love this idea and am so glad that you're making one for me!
Linda