Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Crazy for Quilling

Submitted by Michelle
I'm a putter-er. I admit it. I find such pleasure in being in my home and doing exactly what I want when I want. This probably is a direct result of being a teacher. I live by a bell schedule 5 days week and so on weekends and vacations I glory in not paying attention to the clock. Another teacher and stamping friend, Nancy, even goes as far as not wearing a watch on her days off. Sounds like a good idea to me!

Today marks the half way point of my Spring Break and I am in full puttering mode with my only goal being to perfect my new found obsession: quilled flowers. Tara, a fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrator has a great blog and she recently posted a video about quilling. Not only did I watch it, I immediately ran out to JoAnn's a bought a quilling tool so I could give it a try. I'm a pretty quick learner, don't you think?
And whilst I was at it, I copied a layout of one of Tara's cards and created a few for myself using my pretty and sparkly flowers.
This next card has nothing to do with quilling, but since I'm admittedly writing a blog post whilst in putter mode I figured it would be OK to add a completely and unrelated design that I recently made and wanted to share.
The idea came from the Stampin' Up! Idea Book and Catalog (page 54). I've been wanting to make a card with a banner on it and the idea of using a stamp set with party hats and then turning them upside down was winner.

I'm off for more puttering but this time in the kitchen. I'll keep you posted on any great creations that arise.

No comments: