Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring Decor

Submitted by Michelle
When Linda was in town for her pre-birthday weekend at the beginning of March I wrangled her into helping me freshen up my home decor for spring. It all started because my friend Monica, who often helps me with interior design, dropped by with these lovely eggs for the top my china cabinet!
Monica knew I had my eye on them in the Pottery Barn catalog and made all my wishes come true! Monica also was inspired by some glass jars at Pottery Barn and made a quick trip to Home Goods and created this little beauty for a much cheaper price.
It goes really well on the table in the foyer of our house, right by my twinkle light tree that I decorated with felt eggs from Williams-Sonoma. The bird at the base of the tree is actually a candle that Monica picked up this week at Pottery Barn for half price!

Once the foyer was finished, we moved on to the dining room table. Linda was determined to have a fresh flower arrangement that would follow our Front Row Friends motto of spreading joy and sunshine. She came up with this egg basket design. Isn't it great?!
There is a tall, thin vase in the middle of the basket that is hidden by the pastel colored eggs. The eggs came from Michael's and Linda picked the basket up for me last Spring when I admired a similar arrangement on her kitchen table.
I needed a banner for the space between the dining room and the living room and I decided"He Is Risen" would be the perfect sentiment. I used Stampin' Up's Springtime Vintage designer paper, vintage adornments in the shape of rosettes, and glittered chipboard letters from Michael's.

The last space that needed a decor pick-me-up was the living room. The mantel came together easily as I had a glittered bunny and some nests from last year. (The twinkle lights are there year round because nothing says "Welcome to my home" like twinkle lights.
I also found these fabulous pussy willow stems at the College of the Desert Street Fair. They all but scream "Spring is here!" from the ledge next to the fireplace.
Last weekend at the Claremont Farmer's Market I found the pièce de résistance for my home: fresh peach blossoms! (At first I thought they were cherry blossoms, but the farmer informed me of my mistake.) I wasn't sure if I'd have a place for them, but I HAD to have them.
Fortunately I found a bare wall that needed a little Springtime spruce up.
I took a photo of them outside too, so you could see them in all their Springtime glory.

For many years I only decorated my home for Christmas but now, thanks to 2 very creative front row friends, I have seasonal decor year round.




No comments: