Monday, March 7, 2011

Sew Stinkin' Cute! Part Two

Submitted by Linda
So you may have read from Michelle's post that I was in her neck of the woods for my "pre-birthday getaway". Trust me, no resort or hotel provides the kind of service Michelle does! She made me all of my favorite dishes, and treated me like a queen. My birthday is always a good excuse to get away for stamping, laughing, and general "stay in your p.j.s" girl time.

You saw the card holders we made out of the Sew Suite papers and stamps, and I was determined to use these paper scraps that had the cute stitching and the needle printed right on the paper. Add a couple of buttons for dimension, and some pom pom trim and viola! "Sew" cute!
I can't gush enough about the 3x3 card pictured below. Even though I made it myself, I'm going to take Samuel Butler's advice and blather on and on about it's cuteness:
The advantage of doing one's praising for oneself
is that one can lay it on so thick
and exactly in the right places.

I used a needle and thread to gather up the ribbon a bit, then covered my stitches with the yellow ribbon. It's all attached with tiny glue dots. It's so cute, I can hardly stand it! I can't wait to give it to someone!!!!

I think we're going to get a lot of mileage out of this dress form stamp. I'm thinking wedding gowns and party dresses. To be honest, the idea came from this amazing card on Heather Klump's blog. This stamper has some great ideas and clever cards and is definitely worth checking out.

Stay tuned for the next installment of our projects from my weekend away......


No comments: