Sunday, March 20, 2011

Post It Note Gift

Submitted by Linda
When I was in LaQuinta celebrating my birthday, one of the items on my "to-do" list was to prepare a thoughtful yet inexpensive gift for the parents who volunteer in my classroom throughout the school year. Yes, I realize that we still have several months of school to go, but this time of year is a flurry of activity, projects, open houses, and other end-of-year events. I've often said that for a teacher, May feels like December, in the way that we add a jillion extra events to our full calendars.

I was given one of these sweet Post-It note gifts, and I have enjoyed using it, so I thought this could be the perfect giveaway, wrapped in a cello bag, of course, with shred and pretty ribbon and a nice thank-you note.
The chipboard backing is really a drink coaster. I found mine at Michael's (8 for $1), but you could easily use the restaurant type as well. I covered both the front and the back of the coaster with pretty contrasting papers, and then covered the clip with a third paper. Add a few ribbons, and stamp your sentiment on a few of the first few notes, and you are done!

I genuinely could not run my classroom without the many parent helpers who faithfully come, so hopefully my handmade 'thank you' will help them feel the love!

No comments: