Thursday, March 31, 2011

Ina Garten's Coconut cupcakes

Submitted by Linda
Well, March came in like a lion and out like a (very hot) lamb, at least in Southern California. Today our temperatures were around 90 degrees! Throughout March we enjoyed some rain and clouds, and I particularly enjoyed my birthday month. Michelle mentioned all the crafting we did on my LaQuinta getaway, but I can't let March end without mentioning my favorite birthday treat: Ina Garten's Coconut Cupcakes! The teeny tiny layer cake pictured above was made by Michelle, adapting the cupcake recipe.

You can buy a mix for these cupcakes at gourmet food stores, but don't do it! Even I can make them from scratch. Michelle's upgrade is to toast some of the coconut in the oven for sprinkling on top.

Having a front row friend who's love language is cooking is such a gift, especially on my birthday! Michelle planned all of our meals that weekend to include my favorites, and tried a few new things that were a big hit. Look below at this baked brie with homemade savory crackers, berries, apples and pecans. Michelle served it with a salad made from goodies from her farm box - yummy and healthy!
To find Ina's recipe for Coconut Cupcakes, click here, and enjoy!

No comments: