Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Baby Shower Part II

Submitted by Linda
So, a few weekends ago, when we were in LA having our American Girl adventure, I came across the Pottery Barn Kids store. I have enjoyed their catalog over the years, and went in, determined to buy a baby gift for my niece Courtney. I found a beautiful soft, yummy blanket that I knew she would love for her baby boy who is soon to be born.

A few days after I got home, I remembered that my dear friend Carla has a fancy sewing maching that is programmable with letters and I asked her if she would be willing to stitch the baby's name. Now Carla is a goddess of sewing, and I often ask her for advice when attempting any sewing or mending projects. I have known her for many years, as she provides daycare for many of my students, and I've had the wonderful privilege of teaching 2 of her grandchildren! You should see the quilts she makes.

Anyway, she said, "Yes!" to my request, and here is a picture of her and me with her workmanship. (She ended up spending most of a day on it, because she took the blanket apart before embroidering, so that the backside of the stitching wouldn't appear on the blanket).
Here is a close-up so you can see the detail in the stitching! Don't you just love that "S"????
I wish I had captured Courtney's expression when she saw what was in the box!!! She was so excited.
Craig and I have a long history with Courtney. In fact here she is, with our nephew David, on our wedding day in 1987. Please no comments about my 80s hair or headpiece!
And here we are 23 years later, celebrating a happy new beginning in her life!

1 comment:

linda said...

You were a very sweet bride, and it was a lovely wedding!

Bye, Sis,
the other Linda Wallace