Sunday, February 27, 2011

Monkeying Around: Baby Shower Part I

Submitted by Linda
When I was asked if my home could be the location for my niece Courtney's baby shower, I was happy to say "yes". Her sisters and mom promised to do all the food, so I offered to do drinks, and then begged to make a favor for the party. The shower theme was 'sock monkey', so I borrowed the Sock Monkey stamp set from my pal Rachel. She also sent me some online samples, from which I created this little gem:
For those of you who stamp: I used the SU pillow box die, the scallop square punch, and the small tag punch. The colors are Real Red and Crumb Cake (the color formerly known as "kraft".)
I think they look so darling all bunched together in the basket.
I attached a tiny baggie of m&ms (in brown, white and red), so that they would peek through the window. I know the guests enjoyed having a memento from the shower - and I so enjoyed making them for a special grand-nephew!

2 comments:

kate wallace said...

You all did such a great job with the shower! What a great way to start welcoming baby Sawyer! I loved the goodies Aunt Linda! I will miss you and will see you in a few weeks!

LB's Sewing Sanity said...

Just found your blog. what a delight! Thanks for sharing a little bit of yourselves with others.