Wednesday, January 19, 2011

What I've Been Working On

Submitted by Michelle

For the better part of 2010 I took a hiatus from holding card making classes. I still worked on my own creative projects but felt a bit overwhelmed by trying to keep my life in order and teaching full time and being a front row friend to those I hold dear and attempting to be a blogger. Now that the new year has come, the holidays are over, and I'm feeling more in control of my life, I've been inspired to get back to the good ol' Stamp-A-Stack. In a nutshell, people come to my house and, for a fee, make 10 cards. I design 5 cards and everyone makes 2 of each. I also supply all the materials (except adhesive) and envelopes. It is a fun way for me to have people over, to share my love of stamping, and to get people involved in crafting who may not want to own all the supplies but still want to make cards.

This month I am holding a SAS on the last weekend of the month. Here is a peek at what we will be making.

Though the picture doesn't show it well, the 'Thanks' image in the middle of the card is embossed so it pops up from the paper.

I always try to include a masculine card in my classes. My uncle has a birthday coming up in February and he loves classic cars so I'll be sending this one to him.
This card is a direct copy from a fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrator. Often at demonstrator meetings we swap card fronts to give each other ideas. I got this card at a swap and unfortunately, the swapper didn't put her name on it so I can't give her credit.
The inspiration for this birthday card is also stolen. You can see the original here.
I thought a Valentine-ish card would be a good way to round out the stack of cards. I went to a card making class in Redlands over the weekend and it was a blast to go to a class that I didn't have to prep! Linda and Carrie joined me and we made some new friends too. (That's a shout out to you, Paula!) We made a card very similar to the one above and I liked it so much that I created my own version of it.

There is still room left in the class if you want to join in. We'll be stamping on Friday, January 28th and Saturday, January 29th. Email me if you want to sign up. (meshers@yahoo.com)

4 comments:

Julie tholen said...

I can't wait to create with you! You are an inspiration!xoxo

kate wallace said...

OOOO those are so cute! I wish I could come! Have so much fun!

nanc' said...

Would totally be there if there weren't 1000 miles in between! Have fun. (And think about holding a class in Bend, Oregon--I'd happily host and invite!)

Valerie said...

How cute! My favorite is the one with "dankeschön" and "danke" on it, of course!