Friday, January 21, 2011

What I've been working on: "Fancy Favors"

Submitted by Linda
Tomorrow I'm attending a 50th birthday for a good friend who is part of my walking group. When I received my invite, I immediately contacted the host to see if I could help with party favors. After I received a resounding "yes" to my offer, and the directive to use pastels, I decided to use my Fancy Favor die for the Big Shot. This is what it looks like after I crank it through the Big Shot. Don't you love that scallopy edge? The reddish strip is the famous "sticky strip" product, which is a must-have when you're building boxes or other 3D paper projects - it's much stickier than a tape runner adhesive.
After assembling and adding a scallop circle with an "N" for Nora, I filled the bags with Hershey Kisses and shred, and tied them up with some pretty ribbon.
What you can't see, is the back side of Stampin' UP's beautiful 2 sided paper. When the guests open their bags, they'll find a pretty contrasting paper on the inside. A bonus surprise!

I'm looking forward to the party, and am hoping that the guests enjoy their little treat.

2 comments:

kate wallace said...

Oh my gosh! Those are SO cute! LOVE it!

Carrie said...

I love this die and never noticed it in the catalog before! Now, I may have to have it for myself! These look great.