Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Don't Tell my SU Consultant!

Submitted by Linda
So, Michelle and I blather on and on about the wonder of Stampin' UP products. And truly, I've learned that I'm much more successful as a stamper and crafter if I use their excellent supplies (someday I'll tell you why I will never buy white cardstock anywhere else!)

I'm not ashamed to say that I usually hit Michael's each week to spend my 40% coupon on some basic products I always need (sticky strip, tape runner refills). But as a rule, I try to avoid buying too much 'contraband', since the Stampin' UP color families all work together with the inks, cardstocks, and designer papers.

However, on my outing to Hobby Lobby in Mesa, AZ in the fall of 2009, I came across this beautiful pad of printed papers. Every single page called my name! (This is unusual, because most often, scrap pads have a little of the good stuff, and a bunch of cruddy designs that you would never use!) At 40% off, I couldn't control myself!
You may recognize these papers from Celeste's birthday, and from some of the calendars Michelle and I made in late December. Here is what I've been working on lately- all of my background card stock and inks are Stampin' Up:

(Stamp Sets: Living Large and Whimsical Words)
(Stamp sets: Happy Moments and Vintage Labels)
(Stamp Sets: Always and Thank You Kindly)
(Stamp sets: Wagon Full of Fun and Small Sayings)
I love how all the pages are glittery! And bright! and Happy! I've had so much fun with the Summer Song papers, I asked my mom to bring me an additional one when she came from AZ for Christmas.

So by now you've figured out that even Michelle dabbles in the 'contraband' now and again!!!

No comments: