Friday, December 31, 2010

Here Comes 2011

Submitted by Michelle

It's the last week of 2010 and while many people are reflecting on the past year, making resolutions and hoping the year to come holds happiness and promise, my big dilemma this week has been figuring out how to use the glut of mini calendars that I bought in a frenzy when I found them at a scrapbooking store in Claremont a few weeks ago.

You may remember the mini-calendar project which my friend Carrie designed from this blog entry. When I bought my 24 calendars (yes, 24!) my plan was to use them for my stamp clubs and even hold a class or two utilizing the concept, but then I sorta forgot the plan and December 28th rolled around and I had to figure out what to do before I had 24 useless calendars on my hands. Thank goodness Linda came to town for an overnight visit and got my mojo going on the mini-calendar project. And thank goodness Linda faithfully visits Michael's each week and had purchased a glut of coasters which I was able to use.
We decided to use old designer paper and contraband (non-Stampin' Up!) supplies. You know, the ol' out with the old, in with the new concept.

Linda made a few of these...
and these.

I wanted a few with a Mary Engelbriet-esqe quality to them and this cherry inspired theme fit the bill perfectly.
Linda helped me crank out a bunch of these...
and these.
We put magnetic strip on the back of all the calendars so they can be hung somewhere useful, like the refrigerator or on the side of a file cabinet at work.
And since we can't just hand the calendars to people without wrapping them up in a cello bag, Linda made a cute tag to complete the project.
Of course, because of my aforementioned frenzy at the scrapbooking store in Claremont, we needed 24 tags.
But now I have 24 calendars to give away as new years gifts to friends and family, which isn't such a bad thing.





No comments: