Monday, December 13, 2010

Finished Tin-O-Tags

Submitted by Linda
We swore we wouldn't do it. We said we were done. And then we couldn't help ourselves.

I'm talking about our favorite little Christmas gift, the ever-popular Tin o' Tags. Both Michelle and I have given these away for several years now, and folks really enjoy them. Even we'll admit, we cram a lot of yuletide cheer in those little tins! They are a lot of work, so we had talked about retiring the tag project....but people enjoy them so much, we couldn't! So Michelle's plan was this: Do them in the summer! You may remember in June, Michelle created a post about us working on the tags. (Click HERE to see the tags individually.)

Well, in the summer we finished them up completely, and as December approached, we were both so tickled to find our big tub of finished gifts.

This year's cover is using the bell from the Classic Christmas stamp set. I was pretty much obsessed with that little bell - so after trying to borrow the set for several years, I just ordered it myself! Now I can use that "Jingle All the Way" anytime I want (even next summer if the spirit leads)! Notice that the little bell is embossed and popped up:

I had run out of tins, and decided this year to try a Bag o' Tags instead - you all know how much I love cello bags!
I had stocked up on the American Crafts Jingle Bell ribbon, and I love how it matches the bell theme.
Well, now that the time has come to give them away, we are both enjoying sharing the holiday spirit with our friends and colleagues. I think we'd better reserve some time on our June 2011 calendars for the next installment of Tin o' Tags!

No comments: