Sunday, October 31, 2010

Miss Halloween Pageant

Submitted by Linda
One of the best days in kindergarten is Halloween. At our school, only the Kindergarten students are allowed to dress up and parade throughout the school. Our team of teachers always tries to do something together that the big kids and teachers will enjoy.

This year, I'm blessed to have a child in my class whose mommy owns the sash company that makes the Miss America sashes! She offered early in the fall to set us up for Halloween. We decided to a pageant/book character mash-up. We ended up with Ms. Frizzle, Miss Pinkalicious (me!), Fancy Nancy (her name is Nancy!), Miss Rose Queen (her name is Rose!), and for our friend who doesn't enjoy the dressing up..... Miss Behavior!

3 comments:

Carrie Troyer said...

So fun! One of my favorite things about being a teacher is getting to act like a kid once in awhile and not having anyone look at you strange. Love the costumes! :)

Brandon's Mommy said...

I love the costumes (and the names) Linda!! You all are so beautiful on the inside and out!!

Kathi's News & The Fishwrap said...

That is so nice of the mom to do that for you. I'm so excited to see you have a blog Linda, and especially that you post about Kindergarten. I'm a substitute teacher who'd love to teach full time Kinder. Thanks for sharing. Kathi