Monday, October 25, 2010

Anti-Procrastination Weekend

Submitted by Michelle
In just 10 short days I will be singing the classic Frank Sinatra song, New York, New York as I board a plane to my favorite city in the U.S. In preparation for my trip I've been a busy bee, trying to get all my ducks in a row so I won't come home to a pile of work. Over the weekend I got busy on my November stamp club cards and with the help of my front row friend Carrie, I got everything prepped and ready to go. Here's a look at what we will be making come November 18th.

I originally designed this card as a birthday party invitation. (I'll be blogging about said party later this week.) My favorite part of this card is the cupcake with white icing. I used Liquid Applique to give it the 3-dimensional look. Liquid Applique goes on wet but when heated, puffs up to a glorious foam. Unfortunately, Stampin' Up does not sell Liquid Applique but you can find it in some craft stores or online. Just click here.
Carrie has brought many things to my life, but one biggie is her love of craft projects as opposed to just cards. She is always looking for bright ideas of things to make as presents. Recently she has been obsessed with mini-calendars. She designed this one and decided our whole club should make it. The background is simply a cardboard coaster which Carrie swiped from a local restaurant. (I'll be purchasing the ones our club will use. Smile.) She covered the coaster with Green House Gala designer paper, added some ribbon and a flower and viola! An adorable holder for the mini-calendar she ordered online. We will attach a magnet to the back and it can be hung on a refrigerator or for me, on my white board at school. Too cute, right?
With Christmas approaching, I thought it appropriate to have the gals in my club make at least 1 holiday card. This Dasher card came together in a matter of seconds. I love simple and clean design and this card is just that. The poinsettia background and the felt stitched ribbon give the card lots of texture, and though it is hard to see, I added some glitter to Dasher's antlers for some bling. If any of my ladies are looking for an easy to make Christmas card, this will fit the bill.
So now that my stamping work is done, I can concentrate on the birthday party I am throwing this weekend and on packing for my trip. I am usually not prepared so far in advance and I am thankful that Carrie helped me avoid the pitfalls of procrastination.

1 comment:

Linda and Michelle said...

Must have the calendar thingy!
Linda