Monday, September 13, 2010

Clementine

Submitted by Michelle
About a week ago David brought home, as he often does, a delectable dessert that I assumed came from the bakery at Bristol Farms, his place of employment. It was reminiscent of a Magic Cookie Bar, the ones made with a graham cracker crust and then layered with a gooey mixture of sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, nuts and coconut, but this tasty treat was an amped up gourmet version in which the chocolate was a thick layer of the bittersweet kind, the crust was akin to shortbread and there was a tantalizing drizzle of caramel on top. It was so amazing that I ate the entire bar all by myself BEFORE dinner. Come to find out, this amazing treat was not conceived at Bristol Farms but in fact, came from a new French Bakery, Clementine.
Yesterday I was on my typical Sunday mission of going to Michael's to use my 40% off coupon and much to my delight, I found Clementine in the same shopping center. I had to go in and I was so thankful I had my camera. The owners, Christophe and Jennifer Douheret, were both on hand and more than accommodating when it came to my questions and photo taking.
The store offers amazing desserts made by Christophe, and whilst the cupcakes were gorgeous I had to purchase a loaf of bread pudding, David's favorite treat.
They also offer breads. I purchased a baguette and David used it last night when he made grilled vegetable sandwiches for dinner.
Jennifer decorated the shop herself and even sewed the brightly colored yellow and white striped awnings.
I love this chandelier!
There is lots of merchandise to look at, though it was hard for me to tear myself away from the pastries.
If you live in the desert, check out Clementine. You and your taste buds won't be sorry.
44250 Town Center Way, Palm Desert (next door to Trader Joe's.)
760/834-8814
Tuesday - Sunday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Closed on Mondays

1 comment:

Cheryl D said...

We'll have to try it out on our next visit to Palm Desert!