Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Here We Come A-Haunting

Submitted by Michelle
So I'm not a Halloween person at all. I don't like to dress up. I hate horror movies and anything scary. And come to think of it, I don't really condone kids traipsing around neighborhoods collecting massive amounts of candy that will contribute to childhood diabetes and obesity. That being said, I love the fall season (even though we don't really have autumn in the desert), I like seeing my kindergarten students dressed up in their costumes because they are all so little and cute, and I do enjoy a vintage inspired Halloween card if I can make it myself.
The card above was made with Stampin' Up's awesome Greeting Card Kids stamp set. (The same set from yesterday's blog post.) I water colored the plump little girl myself, and I created a sparkly background for her using Heat & Stick powder and Silver Shine glitter. The ladies in my La Quinta stamp club are going to have a chance to make their own tomorrow night.

Now you may be wondering why in the world I'm making Halloween cards in August. I'm trying a new thing, maybe you've heard of it? It's called planning ahead so I don't stress myself out. I usually have really good intentions of making and sending cards to friends and loved ones throughout the year, but when the time actually comes for me to send the cards, I am often unprepared. Linda is an advocate of doing things in advance before they become urgent. I'm going to try to incorporate a little more of that philosophy when I go back to the place that must not be named in a few weeks. And making my vintage Halloween cards on August 11 is just the first step in that direction.

1 comment:

Tara Bilbao said...

OOO this is too cute. I have been eyeing this stamp set and may have to purchase it after seeing how you have used it. I love the glitter surround and your coloring is perfect. Just love this card!