Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Back To Shhhhhhhhh!

Submitted by Michelle

Linda visited me for a glorious 4 days last week. We had great fun finishing up our Christmas Tag project for the holidays. We literally could give out gifts to our classroom volunteers and friends today if we needed too.

We also worked hard on some projects for fall and though we know it is inevitable, we are trying our hardest not to acknowledge that we will soon have to go back to that place that must not be named, hence I will not use that dreaded word in this blog post.

One fall project we worked on was a notepad with a delightful cover. Linda and I are in LOVE with the new Greeting Card Kids stamp set and can't get enough of it. Linda used watercolor crayons to paint the kids and we were able to get a chalkboard look using black cardstock and whisper white craft ink. I can't wait to give these notepads to my teacher friends.

The inside simply looks like this:
I used a little designer paper to camouflage the retailers logo on the top of the notepad.

Linda is now off on ANOTHER trip! At least this time she is in the good ol' US of A so I can text and call her anytime I feel the need. Our lack of communication during the Europe trip almost did me in. Hopefully she is collecting some good photos of the national parks she is visiting to share with us later this week. I'll be back tomorrow with a look at the cute Halloween projects we created.

2 comments:

Cheryl DeBlauw said...

Love your wallpaper. Very cute notepads--you two are inspiring! It was great seeing you and Dave in Palm Springs and THANK YOU (x10) for all of your help!

Tara Bilbao said...

Love this - it is soo cute. I too am in denial about the place that can't be named ( love this moniker). I am not ready!