Saturday, July 17, 2010

Variations on a Theme

Submitted by Michelle

Remember this card?
I liked it so much I decided to do a variation on it using more elements from the same stamp set. Sadly, I created it for a very dear friend whose father tragically and unexpectedly passed away this week. He was an avid birder and I thought it appropriate to add the hummingbird to this card. One of his friends wrote a beautiful tribute about him here.
It is times like these when I realize that I really am a grown-up, even though I feel like I am 18 years old and in college most of the time. Losing friends and family is inevitable and yet one is never fully prepared for it. However, reading about what an amazing person Mr. San Miguel was, and the love and devotion he openly expressed for his family, inspires me to focus on the non-tangible things in life that really hold true happiness. Creating lasting memories by investing time in causes one feels strongly about, nurturing relationships and caring for family create more of a legacy than any amount of money could ever purchase.

No comments: