Monday, July 12, 2010

Pop Up Gift Card Holder

Submitted by Michelle

I'm always looking for a cute way to give a gift. To me, when giving a gift card, it seems a little more personal and from the heart if the card itself comes wrapped in way that says, "You are special to me!" rather than "I got this at the last minute and am sticking it in the crummy holder the store gave me." Hence, the pop-up gift card holder! It takes mere minutes to create and and adds that extra something special to any gift card you might want to give.
I used a new In-color from Stampin' Up called Poppy Parade! Love it! And it pairs well with Night of Navy ink and Kraft taffeta ribbon.
I found a great online tutorial here that gives the dimensions and everything you need to know about how to make the pop up part of the gift card holder.

This is another simple project that my La Quinta stamp club will be making tomorrow night. I have one more project to make but am waiting on my order from Stampin' Up to arrive. I'll post our final project later today.

Stamps: Baroque Motifs, Say It With Scallops
Cardstock: Poppy Parade, Whisper White
Ink: Versamark, Poppy Parade (marker), Night of Navy (marker)
Ribbon: Kraft 3/8" taffeta
Punches: Word Window, 1 1/4" circle
All materials from Stampin' Up and can be purchased on my website.

No comments: