Tuesday, July 13, 2010

One More for Club

Submitted by Michelle
This is my final creation for tonight's Stamp Club. My friend Carrie gave me the idea and I essentially copied it. Why re-invent the wheel where there is already a great design out there?
The interesting technique for this card is the use of the blender pen to color the flowers. I didn't use any additional ink beyond that which I stamped. The blender pen pulled enough ink from the outline of the flowers to color them in, giving the whole thing a water colored look. When stamping in black I usually use Staz-On ink so that it won't run. However, in this instance I used good old Basic Black because I wanted the color to move.

I really like the tone on tone look of this card, and the use of neutral colors. I think it would be great in navy or eggplant as well.

Currently I'm working on a 50th Wedding Anniversary invite. While I've drawn some inspiration from others, I'm actually going to create this one on my own. I'll post it here tomorrow once it is complete.

Stamps: Elements of Style
Ink: Basic Black
Cardstock: Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla, Basic Black
Accessories: Black Organdy Ribbon, Square Lattice Embossing Folder

All materials from Stampin' Up! and can be purchased here.

1 comment:

kate wallace said...

This is so great! I love the shading!