Sunday, July 11, 2010

Hydrangea

Submitted by Michelle

One of my favorite flowers is the hydrangea. It looks delicate but is actually very hearty. The one in the picture above is from Linda's garden. The desert climate is not conducive for growing hydrangea so I am not able to grow my own. However, with the help of the Because I Care stamp set from Stampin' Up I can create cards with them!
This card was super simple to make and is a direct copy of one that I saw on Jo-Ann Pullen's website. I did use the new 1/8" taffeta ribbon instead of hemp twine and I also substituted Marina Mist cardstock for the Baja Breeze that Jo-Ann used. I added a bit of sparkle to some of the centers of the hydrangea using Dazzling Diamonds glitter.

The ladies in my La Quinta stamp club will be making this card this week. I've got a few more projects for them that I'll show you tomorrow!

Stamps - Because I Care
Cardstock - Whisper White, Marina Mist
Ink - Early Espresso, Marina Mist, Old Olive
Ribbon - Marina Mist 1/8" taffeta
Accessories - 2 way glue pen, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, blender pens

All materials can be ordered by clicking here.

No comments: