Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Happy Birthday with a Cherry on Top

Submitted by Michelle
Julie, one of my college roommates, is having a birthday at the end of July. She lives in Montana with her husband and 2 daughters and they have acres of cherry orchards that they harvest every summer, hence the inspiration for her birthday card.

I quickly put this card together using an extremely basic layout and some odds and end supplies that I have cluttering up my craft closet. I knew I had the cherry designer paper but I was pleasantly surprised when I remembered that I actually have a stamp that says, "happy birthday... with a cherry on top!" Quite fortuitous, if I do say so myself.

For the past few months I've been picking up cherry themed gifts for Julie that I think she will enjoy and this card will be the perfect addition to her birthday box.

All materials From Stampin' Up! and can be purchased here.

Stamps
Tart & Tangy
Goody, Goody Gumdrops
Cardstock
Whisper White, Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Retired Designer Paper
Ink
Old Olive, Basic Black, Real Red
Accessories
Sending Love Epoxy Brads, Black Gingham Ribbon, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, 2 3/4" scallop circle punch, 1 3/4" circle punch, Scallop oval punch, large oval punch

No comments: