Sunday, June 13, 2010

Teacher of the Year

Submitted by Michelle

In May I was honored with the Teacher of the Year award for my school. It felt good to be recognized by my colleagues for the work I do in the classroom. There was a ceremony at which all the retiring teachers in the district as well as the teachers of the year were given recognition. I was lucky enough to have my family and friends attend and cheer me on.

David came, of course.
As did my parents, Sandra & Walt.
My brother Michael and his family made the trip from Sierra Madre, which made the night extra special.
From left to right: Max, Anna, Me, Michael & Alyse.

My friends Lisa and Carrie were there...
along with Claudia and Veronica...
and Jennifer...
and Celeste, of course!
Carla, my teaching partner for the past 9 years was there, too. We really should have shared the award. There is not much I do in Kindergarten without her helping me every step of the way. We make a great team and I feel so blessed to have been placed with her when I moved to the desert in 2000.
My good friend Laurie Pike was also in attendance but I don't have a photo because she was behind the camera the entire time. Didn't she take great pictures? Thanks, Laurie!

4 comments:

Lucy said...

Congratulations Michelle!! It looks like you had a wonderful night. I'm so happy for you. WTG!!

Veronica said...

This is great. I had an awesome time, thank you again for inviting us!

Tiff said...

Congratulations Michelle!

Ami, Bob, Jack, and Luke said...

Great job, Michelle! You truly deserve this award-- you've been such a wonderful help to me throughout these years and helped me transition to kinder back in the day! You're awesome and I'm so proud of you! XOXO

PS> Can't believe how big Claudia is!