Sunday, June 6, 2010

Day Trip to L.A.

Submitted by Michelle

In celebration of my being voted "Teacher of the Year" Jennifer, a colleague and friend, took me on a road trip to L.A. yesterday for lunch and shopping. Jennifer and I have much in common, including our appreciation of fine food and high end shopping. Well, it's more like high end window shopping, but you get my point. We don't mind the 2 hour or more drive because it gives us a chance to talk, laugh and enjoy a day out of the desert. At this time of year temperatures are reaching the century mark so I like to take any opportunity to escape the heat.
We started our day at Comme Ca (say: comme-saah) a French bistro in West Hollywood. Though the entire restaurant was booked for a child's 1st birthday party, we were able to get in for lunch prior to the party starting. Mighty festive, don't you think?
Jen and I had the restaurant all to ourselves, which was great.
Jen ordered the burger and fries...
...while I opted for the classic French Dip sandwich.
Afterwards we headed to Santa Monica for shopping with an ocean breeze. We ended up at the Malibu Country Mart as well as the Malibu Lumberyard. Both are outdoor malls with upper crust stores. The Lumberyard is built around a courtyard and most people were more interested in kicking back and enjoying the sun than actually shopping.
You could even play a round of ping-pong if you were so inclined.
I think Jen and I fit right in, don't you?
We did have a minor star spotting. Jacinda Barrett from The Real World London was there with her cute husband, Gabriel Macht, the actor who was most recently in Because I Said So.

A big thanks to my girl Jen for treating me to such a fun day!

No comments: