Thursday, May 27, 2010

Pergola Panic and Party Countdown #2!

Submitted by Linda
So, party day is 3 days away! Here's our status........ Yesterday Craig started staining the wood. (He doesn't look too happy about it in the picture).
Here are some of the stained beams. On the bbq, you can see the flowers Craig is planning to plant in his "spare" time.
Craig's brother Mark came by today for a visit, as Craig was staining. You can see another of Craig's projects in the background. Maybe if I stop giving him "honey-do" jobs he can work on his truck!
Up go the beams....
Craig asked me to come home from school to approve this cut on the pieces for the top. I gave it 2 thumbs up!
At 5:10 p.m., here's where we're at! Craig is still cutting the pretty design on the 2x6s.
Meanwhile, I have been buying flowers for the centerpieces. Here's what I have so far: Mums and Alstroemeria. I like these because I can buy them well ahead of time.
Stay tuned....tomorrow I start cooking, and Craig will keep building!

No comments: