Friday, April 9, 2010

What I'm Working On: April 9

Submitted by Michelle

I just got home from 4 days at Linda's house and am so sad to be without my front row friend. We had a great time working on our stamping projects and watching lots of quality TV on Craig's ginormous flat screen. The majority of our viewing time was spent engrossed in our beloved Pride and Prejudice. We opted for the BBC version this round and invested the 6 hours that it takes to view it in it's entirety. Who can resist Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle as Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennett? By the end of our marathon we were amusing ourselves by inserting lines from the movie into our everyday conversations.

Along with the TV time, we also spent a lot of time in Linda's craft room. She worked on graduation party invitations for Nick (which she will blog about soon) and I started brainstorming and creating projects for my upcoming stamp clubs and Stamp-A-Stacks. Here are a few things I came up with:

A masculine birthday card that is 4 1/4" square. I really like the size, the simplicity and the argyle designer paper. And best of all, it fits in a regular sized envelope and requires no extra postage.


A monochromatic birthday card that uses up retired designer paper and hodgepodge hardware. (The little clip thingy that is holding the ribbon.) Ginny Gossett, a Stampin' Up! demonstrator designed this card, I just changed the colors. I used watercolor wonder crayons to paint the flowers. I have some new customers who need an introduction to the aqua painter and the crayons and this card will keep it simple while giving them a chance to play a bit.


A Mother's Day card, of course. One can never be too prepared and since May 9th is just 1 month away it is time to get ready. The design for this card comes from another Stampin' Up! demonstrator, Michele Reynolds. I changed the color combo and added the flower and brad.

I've got a few more things up my sleeve but they aren't quite ready for their close up yet. I'll post them when they are complete. Until then, I highly recommend watching Pride and Prejudice. The BBC version if you've got time on your hands; the Kiera Knightly version if you've only got 2 hours. You won't regret it!

No comments: