Saturday, April 24, 2010

Simple Pleasures Part 3: Sweet Peas

Submitted by Linda
This quote and darling artwork was again borrowed from SusanBranch.com. She's got it right- sometimes little things can be so inspiring and encouraging! Today's "simple pleasure" is the sweet peas growing in my back yard.I am thrilled each spring when they start to bloom - they truly have one of the best scents in the world, and the immediately take me back to my childhood backyard memories. If you're wishing for your own 'sweet pea simple pleasures', you'll have to wait a bit. These beauties must be planted in the fall. Craig hung a net up the length of the wall, and by the early summer, they will have climbed all the way up!
This picture was taken by my sister in law Renee on Easter. Craig planted some Cosmos in the front of the flowerbed.
I love bunching them in a vase....
Or upgrading my Easter centerpieces by tucking a few sweet peas.

No comments: