Monday, April 12, 2010

Just A Few More Cards

Submitted by Michelle

So my back is much, much better today. I did take the day off from school so I could go to the chiropractor and he worked wonders. With most of the day on my hands I decided to create a few more cards that I can use for my card clubs this month. Though I just made a Mother's Day card while I was at Linda's, I needed an alternate idea and I came up with this:

I used the Messages for Mom stamp set from the Occasions Mini Catalog, along with the top note die for the Big Shot. You've got to love the top note. It is so all purpose. You can't see it well, but I also used a Texturz Impressions plate on the Pale Plum cardstock so that there is a floral design embossed in the background. Speaking of the Top Note die, I also made this gift box using the Top Note as a topper.


Fabulous, right?

Stampin' Up! will be introducing a Color Renovation with their new Idea Book and Catalog in July. In an effort to use up some cardstock that won't be making it into the new catalog I pulled out Ballet Blue and made a card with it. The flower is made with 4 scallop circles all scrunched up and piled up on top of each other. I have no idea how it is going to fit into an envelope without being flattened, but I LOVE the look, don't you?

I'm a big fan of the scallop circle card. It is such a nice change from the usual rectangular card. I tried to keep this one simple but couldn't resist the tiny bow made from linen thread. I'm sure the majority of my customers will ask me to make their bows for them but I don't mind.

Now that the hard part (the creating) is done I can focus on prepping materials for my upcoming Stamp Clubs and card making classes. It is going to be a busy 2 weeks so I am glad to be prepared.

No comments: