Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Treats!

Submitted by Linda
Way back in early March, I had a wonderful pre-birthday in LaQuinta, where Michelle and I stamped our hearts out. I had a relaxing time doing what I love with my longtime front row friend. One of our goals for the weekend (besides eating way too many coconut cupcakes) was to complete our Easter treats. This is what we came up with:
Again, I'm making good use of my big shot "top note" die cut for the header. The tiny tag says "For You on Easter" and is from the Eggcoutrements stamp set. Pretty cute!

Occasionally, people in my my life will comment about my creativity, but I have to confess: I'm really just a stealer (and most crafters are)! We look for great ideas and then we tweak them a bit. I enjoy having some creative friends, and here are some of the treats I received. If only I'd had them a week earlier, than I could have stolen these clever ideas!
This tiny tin houses a chocolate covered oreo perfectly!
"Whisking" you a happy spring break! And the whisk is PINK!
Oh, how I love this pun!
Recently, I saw this fresh idea for a teeny tiny easter basket, made out of a peat pot. I decided this is a must have at our family's easter dinner for placecards.
I had purchased the Eggcellent Eggs Kit from Stampin Up, and found that the little strips (meant to be holders for decorated eggs), worked perfectly as a pretty little liner in my pots.
I was going to add each person's name with a tiny tag, but our family gathering has grown so large, I'm just going to have one at each place setting as favors. I did add the little tag at the top with sentiments, and I love the final outcome.
I hope you have a blessed Easter with your loved ones. As our family says, "He is Risen!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is risen, indeed!!