Monday, March 22, 2010

Ultimate Tea Party

Submitted by Linda
Last Sunday I attended the Claremont High School Class of 2010 Tea Party Fundraiser. It was a great event, and the funds go to our kids' big grad-night celebration. When my friend Bonnie decided to host a table, I offered to make favors to fit her "Picnic Party" theme. I could not find the perfect ant stamp, so I ended up using this cute little bee. Inside is a Ghiradelli square. (The die cut/embossed flowers were made with Stampin' UP's Sizzix dies).
You may say this favor is cute.....but look how perfect it looks with one of Bonnie's ceramic sunflowers!!!! Each person received one at her place setting.
If you think that's sweet, wait until you see the ceramic ants that she made, and carefully placed, "marching" around the table.....
She even created two teapots to coordinate with the favors and theme!
Now....are you ready for the full effect?!!!There were even ants and sunflowers tucked into the real flower arrangement!
Bonnie's table wowed everyone, but many of the tables were decorated in fresh, creative ways. This table was "Alice in Wonderland".
...Mardi Gras.....
....black and white...
...and Spring into Easter!
I so appreciate going to events where people put in so much effort to think of every detail! It ended up being a fun tea party, and a great fundraiser. I really makes me want to pull out my china and have my own little teatime!

No comments: