Sunday, March 28, 2010

Simple Pleasure: Part 1

Submitted by Linda

This wonderful quote (and sweet handwriting) was borrowed from Susan Branch. Her website is full of her darling art, great quotes, and fun shopping.
Lately I've been thinking a lot about the theme of 'simple pleasures'. I even had a nice conversation with my 17 year old son about the little things that make life good. We talked about flannel sheets, good iced tea, and other creature comforts (including his favorite Eddie Bauer flannel shirt).

This week, every time I walk out of my back kitchen door to the driveway, I am greeted by the most amazing smell-my neighbor's jasmine, which, as you can see, has crept over our fence most generously. I genuinely wish I could package that smell for you all to enjoy- the fragrance is not overpowering, but is very present, even standing yards away.
This has been my 'continuous' small treat, every day this past week. I didn't plant them, or water them, or prune them, but I still get to be the beneficiary of their beauty and scent. I can't help but think there is some deeper spiritual meaning there; probably another lesson in grace.

So, in the spirit of a happy life, keep your eyes open for the continuous small treats!

No comments: