Thursday, February 4, 2010

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Popcorn

Submitted by Linda
Well, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, just in case you were wondering! My life has seemed unusually busy, but to top it off, I'm participating in a diet/exercise study through the physical therapy department at APU.

Though I feel like I've been on a jillion diets throughout my life, I have had some new learning this time. It really takes preparation to eat healthy! Every evening I prepare my food for the next day (and sometimes prepare Tommy's- since he's doing the study too). I've also had to commit to a DVD workout every day, so I've missed out on my blogging time.

The good news is, I'm starting to see some results, and now I can even do a "plank"!

In January I had a stamping event, where I prepared (but didn't eat a bite) some yummy snacks. I did my usual favorites, but this time I added this amazing White Chocolate Macadamia Popcorn. I've never been a fan of white chocolate, but trust me, this stuff is YUMMY! Several of the ladies there asked if I would post the recipe, so here it is!
This is the popcorn, cooling on wax paper.
I think it is really cute served up with a scooper. I also think this would be pretty in cello bags for party favors or treats.
White Chocolate Macadamia Popcorn

Ingredients:

1 batch popped corn (I popped mine the old fashioned way, with oil, but you could easily use a couple of bags of microwave popcorn).
1 bag white chocolate chips
macadamia nuts (I bought roasted and salted in bulk at Sprouts)

Directions:
Pop the corn, and melt the chocolate following the directions on the package (I used the microwave). Toss the popcorn and nuts with the melted chocolate.

Pour it onto wax paper to cool.

1 comment:

kate wallace said...

Wow! Sounds amazing! I think I'm going to have to try it out on Jeremy!