Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Chocolate Morale Booster

Submitted by Linda
I've written before about the great school I'm so lucky to be a part of here in Claremont. Even in these tough budget times, I'm thankful to "work a block from my house, doing something I love". Yet, all the time and energy spent on 'non-teaching' issues can be a drain on folks in education. Sometimes it seems like there's nothing we can do so solve such a big statewide and national funding problems. But, we can always spread joy and sunshine!

I have a new teaching partner, Nancy, who was actually at my wedding (23 years ago) and is responsible for my getting a job at Sumner. I was thrilled this past fall to add someone of "front row quality" to my team. One thing I love about Nancy is that she is always willing to work on a party, or an event to thank volunteers, and so on. So we got our minds together to find an economical way to let our staff know that we all are working hard, continuing to do what's best for our students, despite the lack of funding. Here's what we came up with:
We wrapped 96 Hershey bars with cute paper, an avery label, and some Stampin Up details, so that every staff member will get one. We're adding a big banner in the staffroom, with sticky notes where people can write encouraging words, or what they're thankful for at school, etc. Combine all that with some donated Starbuck's coffee, and voila! Morale Boosted!

1 comment:

elainaann said...

What a great idea! I teach 7th grade and am the Middle School Student Council sponsor. I've been looking for something different we could do for Teacher Appreciation. This is perfect!!