Monday, January 11, 2010

Sunday Fun

Submitted by Michelle
Yesterday 3 of my friends and fellow stampers, Carrie, Lisa and Rachel, came over and spent the afternoon in my craft room. Everyone worked on their own projects and we had a great time talking, stamping and listening to music. It was the perfect way to spend a Sunday. Totally low key and in the company of good friends. Here's what we got done.
Lisa, who is Celeste's mom, was working on Valentines for Celeste to use next month. She created a single card that Celeste can sign on the back and give to her friends. She wanted the look to be kid-like and she was able to use up some of her old product, making room for the new.
Rachel was in need of birthday cards so she took inspiration from my display board and re-created a card I made a while ago, though the idea to use the large cupcake on the card was totally from Rachel! (How come I never thought of that??)
Carrie was inspired by a Thank-You card Linda and I made 3 years ago to match our Christmas cards. Carrie made it her own by changing the colors.
Carrie also came up with this cute cupcake card. So simple, but way cute! I love the Basic Black cardstock in combination with the Melon Mambo.
And I was working on ideas for my upcoming Claremont club. I rarely make sympathy cards but I think it is a good idea to have them on hand so I created this one using the Sizix Top Note die on the Big Shot and Thoughts and Prayers stamp set.

I'm still in love with the Medallion stamp so I used it on this card. My 3 stamping amigas all said they liked it. I'm still not sure. It may get tweeked a bit this week.
I hope your Sunday was enjoyable, no matter how you spent it, and here's to impromptu crafting with front row friends.

No comments: