Thursday, January 21, 2010

Bigger Isn't Always Better

Submitted by Michelle

Carrie came over on Sunday for another afternoon of stamping. It is great having a friend who lives nearby and brings lunch along with her stamping supplies. This week it was her famous chicken salad sandwiches which I MUST blog about someday soon if she'll let me share the recipe. They are to die for! But I digress...

Carrie worked on Valentine's as well as treat bag toppers. She hails from Michigan and has to send her gifts out early.
Inside this card Carrie stamped Happy Valentine's Day and added a punched out heart. Tres cute!
Carrie used the Sending Love Specialty Designer Series Paper from the Stampin' Up! Occassions Mini Catalog on this project. I love how the paper is sparkly and shimmery. And as always, the good ol' top note die for the Big Shot makes the perfect bag topper.
My mission on Sunday was to clear all the miscellaneous projects OFF of my craft table. Here is what I came up with:
This little number must be at least 2 years old. I remember creating some sort of 3X3 card for my Claremont club during a summer a while back...I had lots of the paper and ribbon cut so I just went with a patriotic theme and made this card. The star is embossed in silver which dresses the card up a bit.
The paper for this card was originally cut for a workshop I did last year. We made a baby themed gift card. This time around I used it to create a generic card that you could use for any occasion. The stamp set is one of my new favs from the Occasions Mini Catalog. It is called Vintage Vogue and I can't get enough of it.
Finally, I had at least 10 scallop circles cut and I know I used them to make a Christmas card in 2008. Not wanting to let them go to waste, I pulled out some old designer series paper and made a birthday card. I used the Happy Moments stamp set from the Sale-A-Bration catalog. Many of my stamping friends know that I am a HUGE fan of the stamp-a-ma-jig, a tool that lines up images perfectly. Well ladies and gents, I'd like to report that Stampin' Up! has come out with Clear Mount stamps that are used on acrylic blocks eliminating the need for the stamp-a-ma-jig. The birthday cake and the words "happy birthday" are 2 separate images. On every card I was able to stamp the cake and then the words and line them up perfectly with my new clear mount stamps.

It feels good knowing I put some extra paper to good use and it is nice having more room on my craft table for new projects. Now if I just had a chicken salad sandwich to munch on...

No comments: