Tuesday, December 29, 2009

What I'm Working On: December 29

Submitted by Michelle

OK, this card looks way better in real life and I was tempted to NOT blog about it, but I've been absent for a while and I'm afraid Linda will move me out of her front row if I don't get back on board so here goes.

A Brand New Year is one of many fantastic stamps offered in Stampin' Up's Holiday Mini Catalog. I'm not one to send New Year's cards since I do Christmas cards, but I couldn't resist this stamp and it's a bargain at only $8.95. I really like all the different fonts and how crisply they come out, and the glass of bubbly makes me smile. I used some Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint to make the glass look like there is actual champers in it, and then I went over it with crystal effects to give it a shiny, glassy look. (It's hard to see in the photo but trust me, it looks primo.) The snowflake stamp used as a background on the card came from the Christmas Punch set offered in the regular catalog. Instead of ink, I used the champagne mist shimmer paint so the snowflakes would have a sparkly effect.

I'm planning to stamp out about 20 of these babies and send them off to family and my Claremont Stamp Club friends. My family always enjoys snail mail of the handmade sort, and I'll use the card to remind my C-mont clubbers about our January meeting.

If you didn't have time to do Christmas cards this year you still have time to make a New Year's card but you've got to hurry. The Holiday Mini catalog expires on January 4th.

ALL MATERIALS FROM STAMPIN' UP!
Stamps: Christmas Punch, A Brand New Year (holiday mini)
Cardstock:
Basic Black, Whisper White, Brushed Gold
Ink: Black Staz-On and Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint (holiday mini)
Accessories: Gold Cord (holiday mini), Crystal Effects

No comments: